Monday, December 28, 2009

Manic Monday

Ok....feel like I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished today with the kiddos home. I've had to break up fights, wipe tears, deal with an attitude and that was all in the first hour. Kids this age and any type of break mixed with cold so they are stuck in the house do not go well together! It was a lot easier last week when you could threaten Santa was watching you....what do you say now?

Work has been crazy...of course. There are many people taking off and they are needing to find some people to cover when they are out. I was asked and even though my mind said NO, NO, NO my hands said sure...UGH! That is not what I wanted when I made a resolution to slow down. Start the year off covering more than what I have now....I think I have officially lost my mind. I am so afraid of losing my job that I find it hard to say no when asked to do extra. When I ask to take a few days off I am usually told at that time they can't afford to have someone off that long. All my days off I have to take basically one day at a time instead of a real vacation. Of course, holding down so many jobs makes it hard to get time off at the same time from all 3 of them. This gal I am covering for is going to be off the whole month of January. Must be nice. There is no telling how many days off I actually lose from my full time job. You don't get to roll them over. You either use them or lose them. I know for a fact I don't use them all...so sad!

I did see today that I have checked my email way too much. That takes a lot of time. One thing figured out...now how much time will that add to family time? Only time will tell. I think if I wouldn't have checked my email while I was dealing with all the fighting and arguing going on between the kids I would have probably said no. Would it be rude to retract it? Should I just go on through the month of January and then decline? Should I send an email saying thanks for thinking of me, but I am taking this time to decline any offers of more work from this point on? Well, back to work :) Until tomorrow...

Grab yourself a cup of coffee, your favorite pjs, curl up on the couch and lets make the world a better place to live...one blog at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment