Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rearranged the living room furniture - again this morning. We ended up moving it back (to my dismay) last night after 24 whole hours. Hubby just really didn't like it. My oldest daughter and I moved it this morning as hubby is out for the day. Only time will tell if he likes it when he gets home.

Watched Kentucky beat Louisville last night and go to 15-0. Talk about on a roll this year! It got so close I nearly peed my pants with anxiety. My ole ticker can't take that kind of stress! Come on boys...work on those free throws. Give yourself more of a cushion!

Today is Wonderful Sunday! My only true day off. We have a birthday supper tonight so we ended up putting our shopping trip off until next weekend. I ended up sitting on the couch cleaning out the "junk" drawer in the kitchen. What is is with people and a junk drawer in the kitchen? Everyone I know has one. It doesn't even have kitchen stuff in it so why is it in there? Ours gets to where you can't find anything until you do go through and throw things away. It damn near consumes the entire kitchen :) We have a junk drawer and once that gets full it starts to linger on top of the microwave. It's amazing how much junk one thinks they need.

My next task is the cabinets over the fridge. It has all my cookbooks and cooking magazines. For some reason I seem to think I am Rachel Ray or something with my recipes. I look through the magazines and tell my hubby how good this one or that one looks. He tells me the same thing every time....well cook it then and stop threatening :) I am going to give them a once over and put them in a box and sell them on ebay...any takers?? I have hundreds of them that I don't use. Matter of fact, at one time this past year I had about 10 or 12 magazine subscriptions. The magazine rack is full of magazines dating back to last summer that I haven't had time to look at. I have decided that I don't need all those magazines and if I see something I want to look at I'll buy it at Wal-Mart. I'm really more of a book reader anyway. My subscriptions are one by one running out and that's fine with me. Decluttering my life and saving money while I'm at it :)

The kiddos go back to school tomorrow. In a way I'll miss them. Once the break really got underway they started to get along. It's supposed to be in the 20s all week for the highs and I hate to think of them having to get out in that.

Well, I'm gonna go tackle the cookbooks/magazines. Wish me luck! Hope everyone has a good day!

Grab yourself a cup of coffee, your favorite pjs, curl up on the couch and lets make the world a better place to live...one blog at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of family, friends & of course love coffee & pjs. Great start to your blog! Good luck in 2010:)

    ReplyDelete